Monday, March 9, 2009

Daylight Saving Time

I have come up with a solution to Daylight Saving Time that I think everyone would be happy with! Some people like it, they can enjoy more daylight in the evening and they are probably the kind of people who like to sleep in anyway! Others hate it (like me!) because all it does is throw off their schedule for a few days twice a year and it is especially annoying to help kids adjust to the time change. Arizona and Hawaii don't even observe DST, but maybe we could get them to agree to this solution.
So here is what I propose: set the clocks ahead in the Spring 30 minutes and then just leave it alone! That way, you add just a little bit more daylight in the evening and then in the Fall, the time change from the Spring before will not seem like such a big deal.

So we changed our clocks yesterday and when I got up this morning it was dark. It was really hard to get up since I was used to it being a little bit light when I woke up. The kids drug themselves out of bed and Alison's eyes are bloodshot. It's not that they went to bed really late, it was basically their regular bedtime, but something about the time change just messes with your body and it takes time to feel back to normal. I'm putting more information about DST on my JoBloom blog, if you are interested!

1 comment:

lori said...

It really does suck. The last 2 days I've had to wake Gracie up and shes usually the one who wakes me up!!! And last night totally didn't think about dinner until 6 because it was still light and it didn't seem like it was dinner time.