Monday, March 23, 2009

This and that

We are recovering from our illnesses. Jacob has managed to remain completely healthy - knock on wood. Alison is doing much better and just needs to get over her cough. I'm happiest about Michael though because the poor baby was so sick was such an awful fever. But it's nice to be on the way back to good health.
While we were sick, Garr and I asked the boys to pitch in and help out when they see something that needs to be done - even when we don't ask. Yesterday Jacob started dusting the blinds, another day he sorted the laundry and did dishes. This morning, while I was still in bed, Peter unloaded then loaded the dishwasher. They both also made dinner by themselves one night. So I am proud of my boys for being so helpful.

I am cleaning my desk today. It's something that needs to be kept up every few days because it is a catch-all area in the house, but I have neglected it. I found a newspaper insert about health and started going through it. One of the articles was about chocolate and of course I stopped to read it! I already knew this, but it said that if you are going to eat chocolate, eat dark. Sorry, but I have better things to do with my time than to eat dark chocolate!!!

I am 27 weeks into my pregnancy now and things are going well. The baby is doing great. I am so glad that she doesn't get sick when I am sick. I went to my OB while I was sick and feeling horrible with my cold, but the baby's heartbeat is strong and she is a good little kicker, so I am pleased. It seems like I wear the same clothes every other day, but I don't really care at this point. With other pregnancies I got so sick of wearing the same clothes over and over again. But this time I want to save my money to buy new clothes when I get back into shape. I am looking forward to my hard core workouts again. At least I didn't gain any weight this last month.

No comments: