Saturday, September 13, 2008

Chores and pets

Well, it's Saturday and we are doing chores. We tend to get distracted with chores around here. Jake and Pete like to listen to music on their iPods and Alison has a stereo in her room that she uses to play her favorite CD. Mike is walking around chattering and I am trying to keep focused on what I am doing while redirecting the kids every few minutes. Speaking of Mike chattering, he is starting to pick up more words here and there, but fortunately hasn't quite picked up on the word "no" yet. I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Alison's family chore today was to clean the bathroom - a first for her. I showed her how to clean everything and she was really good about it. In fact, she cleaned the mirror to perfection! She also has been keeping her room clean for about a week because she wants a hamster. She has been begging for a puppy for months. At first I just kept telling her, "No pets. No dogs, no cats, no fish, no pets!" She did her share of crying and I think Garr finally softened up and said that maybe when the yard is fenced in we can get a puppy. Everyday for the past several weeks she has been asking when she is getting her puppy and it's about to drive me bonkers! Finally, Garr and I decided to let her have a hamster because a hamster is better than a puppy! Maybe it will satisfy her need to a pet. Although I am not sure what to do about her need for a sister! Every time there is a baby sale advertised in the paper, I ask Garr if we can go get a baby girl. To which he responds with a smile.

Guess it's time for me to get back to my chores so I can set an example to the kids!

No comments: