Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Reading

We love to read! I (Jennie) just read The City of Ember to Jacob and Peter. We read it over the course of about 3 weeks. I like to read to the kids before bed. Alison wasn't interested in the book so I usually just sent her to bed. Tonight she wanted to stay up because the boys were up. She joined us and read her own book while I read to the boys. We read about 4 chapters and finished the book. It totally left us hanging and now I have to wait until I can get the next one at the Library!
Jacob finished reading the first Fablehaven book before Garr. Then I started reading it, then Garr finished it before me! We are going to buy the other books in the series because we'll all take turns reading them. Now I just need to get Peter to read it!
I will probably talk about reading a lot. It is something that our family really enjoys doing. In fact, Mike is interested in reading, too! He grabs books and wants me to sit on the couch and read to him. We look at a few pages, then he hops down, gets another book and climbs back up to look some more. He's not even 2 years old yet, but I am thinking I will have to teach him to read as soon as possible or he will have me tied down reading to him all day! None of our other kids have been so interested in books at such an early age.
Sorry I am going on and on, but I am such a freak about books!

1 comment:

Tina said...

I'm totally with ya on that!
Glad you are now doing a blog with your kids pictures. I know we live SO FAR APART, so its good to see you guys!
I know I'm a bad friend. Life as the kids get older just gets crazier!
(Our family LOVES to read too!)